Date: 25th October 2014
Camera system: Fuji X and DSLR systems.
Off camera and location based flash can be very daunting, many photographers are using without any grounding in the fundamentals of lighting and studio flash, it is these fundamentals that are needed to be able to create studio quality light in any situation and at any location. You may already be using off camera lighting of one kind or another, but want to improve your techniques. We will be using both the Fuji X system and DSLR's, I use both systems in my professional work.
This amazing workshop will encompass both Studio and Location flash. The day will Start in our penthouse studio where we will discuss and demo various lighting options for use on location, Which modifiers to use for different subjects and locations.
Speedlights can be portable and may be all you need, larger battery packs although heavier and less portable give more power and more options for controlling the light, ambient and flash balance. Another option is continuous light via various types of video and broadcast lighting, all of these options will be discussed and demoed and made available for you to use with our models.
You will learn:
- Speedlights and various suitable modifiers. They have limitations but may be all you need.
- How to use Battery power packs small (400w) large (1100w)
- Modifiers for use outdoors and indoors
- Light and Ambient balancing for drama or simply to subtlety improve the lighting without it being obvious flash was used.
- Light placement the DO"s and DONT'S to give amazing professional results
- Which equipment to use for any given environment and situation.